1. Don’t blame others for making you unhappy. Take responsibility for making yourself happy.
2. Give yourself permission to make yourself happy-even if in so doing, others make themselves unhappy.
3. Make time for yourself to do things that bring you pleasure and enjoyment in the short-term.
4. Do things for others and your community without expecting anything back in return.
5. Sacrifice short-term pleasures and put up with short-term discomforts in order to achieve longer-term gains.
6. Accept the fallibility of others and yourself.
7. Don’t take things personally.
8. Take a chance even when you might fail at things at work or in your personal relationships.
9. Don’t become overly concerned with what people think about you and what you are doing.
10. See uncertainty as a challenge, do not be afraid of it.